Garthamlock & Craigend East Parish Church was founded in 1956. The new church building occupies a central position in Garthamlock
The church is on the main route of the 38 bus and the number 19 (Firstbus) and X19 (Stagecoach) services pass on the way to Glasgow Fort, just a few streets away, all providing easy access to Craigend & City Centre. In 2009 our old Church building was demolished and we are now privileged to be enjoying a new multifunctional building, designed by the congregation to blend in with the regeneration works going on within the local community.
Over the years we have built up partnerships with community groups, other churches in our area, local businesses and voluntary organisations.
We have a number of Schools within our area and have good relations with them. They have attended the church at various times throughout the year to attend events and most recently to Garthamlock & Craigend Community Garden where they are able to learn about food growing and sustainability.
We have served the local community for over fifty years and look forward to doing so for many more years to come. Hospitality is our best quality here at Garthamlock & Craigend East and we regularly host events which involve Food, Fellowship & Fun. A warm welcome is guaranteed!!